PSR Digital Handshake: Meet Marissa Jochim
Name: Marissa Jochim
Known Nicknames: MJ
Neighborhood of Residence: Lakeview
Previous Professional Life: Graduated from McMaster (B.A. in Philosophy)/ Sales at Aveda
Get to Know Marissa in Ten Questions:
1. What made you decide to get into real estate?
I have always had a passion for real estate. When I was a child I used to print off listings to convince my parents to move, or at least audition for Love It or List It! Since that was a big ask, it is my pleasure to now work with others, discover their specific needs, and help them accomplish their real estate goals
2. Where would we find you on a Friday night in Toronto?
Any restaurant with good food, wine and of course dessert! If I’m lucky, I’ll be at the Raptors game.
3. Most embarrassing real-estate moment:
None yet, but I’m sure there will be plenty
4. Who stands out to you / do you most admire in the business world right now?
I most admire my good friend Kristi. She owns the brand Knotty Knickers, which is Canada’s largest subscription box brand! I’m so proud of what she has accomplished
5. What is the career philosophy / mantra / inspirational quote that gets you through tougher days?
“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it” – Margaret Thatcher
6. What is your theme song?
No L’s – Saweetie
7. Describe your dream home in three words.
Modern, clean, warm
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself living in Toronto, excelling in my career, and expanding my investment portfolio. Outside of work I hope to be embracing my passions namely equestrian and anything to do with animals
9. When you’re not wheeling + dealing real estate, what can we find you doing?
When I am not working you will probably find me on a beach in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I take any opportunity to travel back to the Caribbean
10. Highlight from 2020 and what you’re looking forward to this year:
On a similar note, the highlight of my year was spending a month overseas in January, shortly before Covid hit. Talk about lucky timing! This year I look forward to diving into the real estate world! Career aside, I am also excited to get a puppy later on. I will definitely have my hands full!