Name: Amber Yu
Known Nicknames: Momo
I am: A mother, real estate junkie, member of We Working Woman
Neighbourhood of Residence: Roncesvalles
Previous Professional Life: Pastry Chef, house flipper, property manager
Getting to know Amber in ten questions:
- What made you decide to get into real estate?
My dad was in real estate in Beijing and my mom worked in creative fields. I wanted to combine those and becoming an agent came naturally!
- Where would we find you on a Friday night in Toronto?
Having a “mother son date night” either visiting a museum or the movies with my 6 year old.
- Most embarrassing real-estate moment:
Sitting on the curb to wait for the the subway to go by on the Bloor line because it’s underground and I didn’t want it to be too loud for my clients.
- Who stands out to you / do you most admire in the business world right now?
Peter Freed and my dad!
- What is the career philosophy / mantra / inspirational quote that gets you through tougher days?
“Keep calm and keep looking at houses”
- What is your theme song?
Fleet Foxes – Mykonos
- Describe your dream home in three words.
Bright , “ deep basement “ and coach house above garage.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Still living in Toronto continuing to do what I do best! Acting as a liaison between second generation / first generation Chinese people moving to downtown Toronto. I want to help them to purchase investment properties because “buying real estate isn’t just buying a home”, I also know how difficult it can be moving to such a large city in a new country and I want to help to educate my clients on the real estate market in the GTA as much as I can.
- When you’re not wheeling + dealing real estate, what can we find you doing?
Flipping houses, helping my husband doing contracting \ design work, or spending time with my son.
- Highlight of 2018 so far:
Watching Toronto really become a condo city!