Name: Aneeta Kaur Parmar. My middle name is pronounced “core”, which in Punjabi means “princess” and is one of the most common middle names of Sikh women.
Known Nicknames: Aneeta Applebaum, Aneeta Pita, and Neetu baba (which means “Aneeta Doll”).
I am: A wheelin’ dealin’ Toronto real estate agent.
Neighbourhood of Residence: Swansea.
Previous Professional Life: Investor relations gal / powerhouse finance chick. Boorrriinnngg….
Getting to know Aneeta Parmar in 10 questions:
- What made you decide to get into real estate?
The mayor of Toronto job was already taken… Just joking! I’ve always wanted to run my own business.
- Where would we find you on a Friday night in Toronto?
Definitely at my boyfriend’s restaurant, Kanpai Snack Bar, the hands-down best restaurant in Toronto (no bias!).
- Most embarrassing real-estate moment:
When I first started in real estate, I was taking clients to see a condo in a multi-tower complex. A bit turned around, I followed my slightly off-kilter internal compass and led them up to what I believed to be the correct suite. Unfortunately, after knocking on the front door, a very confused and frazzled elderly lady answered the door and without being able to speak much english, she repeated, “not for sale!” while my clients stood behind me, extremely alarmed that we had disturbed this poor woman that thought we wanted to sell her home against her will.
- Who stands out to you / do you most admire in the business world right now?
- What is the career philosophy / mantra /inspirational quote that gets you through tougher days?
“All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.” – Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast.
- What is your theme song?
Best I Ever Had – Drake.
- Describe your dream home in 3 words.
An orange Marley roof, California-style facade, ’40’s Parisian apartment’ inspired interiors.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Slinging Toronto real estate around while vacationing at my drop dead gorgeous Parisian pied-à-terre.
- When you’re not wheeling + dealing real estate, what can we find you doing?
Eating. Reading. Anything.
- Highlight of 2016 so far:
The satisfaction of putting one of my very first clients into her seemingly out-of-reach dream home. The experience touched me both professionally and personally, and it’s tough to put into words.