Name: Mary Zontanos
Known Nicknames: Mari Gold (inspired by ‘Ari Gold’ from the TV show Entourage).
I am: A community loving book nerd who likes fresh air, parks, and animals. Oh, and a Toronto real estate agent.
Neighbourhood of Residence: Roncesvalles.
Previous Professional Life: I used to work as a large scale event producer.
Getting to know Mary Zontanos in 10 questions:
- What made you decide to get into real estate?
I love having a meaningful connection with people and working through deals with them.
- Where would we find you on a Friday night in Toronto?
Probably making a very long to-do list while preparing for bed!
- Most embarrassing real-estate moment:
I was showing a place to a young family with one child and somehow, the child made it outside and managed to not only change the code on the lockbox (that contained the key to the property I was showing), but also lock it. Of course, the kid couldn’t remember what they had changed the code on the lockbox to after they’d done it, so I had to halt all of my showings while I went out to buy a new lockbox for the listing agent. Needless to say, it was a little embarrassing but we had a good laugh about it after.
- Who stands out to you / do you most admire in the business world right now?
Mohammad Yunus – the pioneer of using micro-finance and micro-credit to alleviate poverty and help people become self-sustaining via their own business.
- What is the career philosophy / mantra /inspirational quote that gets you through tougher days?
Everyone had to learn everything that they know.
- What is your theme song?
Stand By Me.
- Describe your dream home in 3 words.
Garden, windows, open.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Still living in the now.
- When you’re not wheeling + dealing real estate, what can we find you doing?
Hanging with my senior dog Pepito, volunteering somewhere, stopping to have random chats with my neighbours, or, during wintertime, snowboarding.
- Highlight of 2016 so far:
It hasn’t happened yet, but I am sure it will be meeting my brother’s babies! Twins! 🙂