Name: Paulina Vu
Known Nicknames: Pli, Paul, Pauly.
I am: A twin and a real estate agent.
Neighbourhood of Residence: Corktown.
Previous Professional Life: Student at The University of Western Ontario and before that, I was living in the mean streets of Peterborough, Ontario.
Getting to know Paulina Vu in 10 questions:
- What made you decide to get into real estate?
I was stuck on the GO Train when I was in 2nd year university, sitting beside a woman who worked at Cushman & Wakefield and she talked me into getting my real estate license. Best decision I ever made!
- Where would we find you on a Friday night in Toronto?
Working late or at The Drake Hotel.
- Most embarrassing real-estate moment:
Getting reamed out by a condo concierge for illegally parking during my showings (this has unfortunately happened more than once – whoops!).
- Who stands out to you / do you most admire in the business world right now?
Amy Cuddy! I love her TED Talk on body language.
- What is the career philosophy / mantra /inspirational quote that gets you through tougher days?
“You got this.”
- What is your theme song?
“The World Is Yours” by NaS.
- Describe your dream home in 3 words.
Modern, contemporary, open-concept.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Will be enjoying my 30s, still working in real estate, and I would love to be able to live in NYC at some point in my life for a little bit.
- When you’re not wheeling + dealing real estate, what can we find you doing?
Travelling and eating delicious food!
- Highlight of 2016 so far:
Attending Kobe Bryant’s private farewell dinner, called “The Gentleman’s Supper Club” during the NBA All-Star Weekend in Toronto.